The Grizzly Growl

The Grizzly Growl

We Want a… BASKET!

Back to Article
Back to Article

We Want a… BASKET!

Maite Alcaide, Author

The crowed is yelling as hard as possible, you can feel the excitement in the air, the team gets into the gym and ….  YES! The basketball season is back and they start as hard as possible. The girls basketball team is back and they showed what Grizzlies are made of, nailing their first basketball game against West Side. Winning both games, JV ended with a score of  28-19 and Varsity scored  42-19 . We are ready to cheer, run, score and win!

This year our team has 21 girls and one manager: Hallie Rigby(9) and a new coach: Kyle Christensen and they are all ready to do their best. Starting the JV team: Kylie Hulse(9), Sara Anderson(9), Britton Lloyd(9), Amber Mansfield(9), Adele Williams(9), Taylor Rindlisbaker(9),  Nayvie Anderson(10),Courtney Donaldson(10), Sydney Partain(11), Makell Pitcher(11) and Maison Wheeler(11). Playing the Varsity team: Maniah Clegg(10), Brooklyn Rigby(10), Makenna Straatman(10), Breanna Hill(11), Lindsay Lloyd(11), Zoe Walker(11), Madison Windley(11), Rebecca Smith(12) and Alexis Sorenson(12). All of these girls are in love with this sport and are working hard to do their best, having practice from Monday to Friday.

“I’m so excited for this basketball season! We have won two games against West Side and North Gem and lost to Bear Lake for three point. This gives us hope for this season. We plan to get back on the Bears soon and taking their win on their home court. I am so excited for all the home games this year! We love all the school spirit and the support that we have. It’s much appreciated!!” shared Maniah Clegg The student body is so proud of the team and we hope to see everyone supporting our team in the coming games. We wish you the best. Let’s go Lady Griz!

About the Writer
Maite Alcaide, Author

Hi everyone! I'm Maite. I'm from Spain, so yes I'm an exchange student. I'm only 15 but I'm a junior because I've always wanted to have prom and I'm very...