Behind the Scenes: the Perks of Being in Publications

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kylee Painter, Author

At the beginning of high school choosing classes is a big deal. People want to be in classes with their friends, get their required classes out of the way, and take easy fun classes. Publications is a great class to take. In publications, we get to do all sorts of fun things, and the hard work and satisfaction of being apart, and creating the yearbook and news paper is all worth it. Being apart of yearbook has been one of the best choices most of us have made. It gives us the opportunity to interact with people we normally would not talk to. It also shows  us how much work and effort is put into the yearbook, just to make sure that everyone can remember as much of our high school experience as possible.

In publications, you can build all sorts of friendships with people you do not normally talk to. It is also a great way to put your creative side to action. Brooklyn Rigby  states, “I wanted to help create the yearbook. It gave me a chance to get hands on in the documenting the processes of high school memories.” While you are taking publications, no one is ever alone. Everyone in the class wants the yearbook to be good, so they will do anything to make that happen. If someone is struggling, and has no idea what they are doing, they will never be left in the dust.

The best part about publications is getting to party all the time. When we meet all of our deadlines by the due date, we get to party! When we plan the parties, we do not mess around. Our parties usually consist of food, a good time, and more food. Some of our favorite parties were when we had  a two day party. One day we ordered pizza, and the next day we ordered tacos. Kara Wadsworth states, “My favorite party that we had in Publications was when we had taco’s. They were so good, and I have never had taco bus before.” The parties are great realizations of the extra hours and hard work that we all put in.

All the hard work that we put in does not just go into the yearbook. It also goes into the news paper. “The Grizzly Growl” is our schools news paper, and it is so fun to read and find out all the interesting things that are happening at the school. One great part about the news paper, is you get to write fun stories, and you get to see the behind the scenes of some of the students lives. A couple of our favorites stories were “Side Affects of Kissing”, “Raising Awareness”, and “Why Animals Are Better Than Humans”.

So next semester when you are trying to decide which classes you want to take, choose Publications because it is honestly one of the best classes. You get to try new things, and you can go out of your comfort zone. You will not regret it!!