Having a Ball

Shelby Carter, Editor

The girls’ basketball teams have been hard at work and having a great time! Kara Harrison revealed, “The season has been good. We had some great team wins and we need to figure out how to finish our games. Practices have been intense and that is good because it will prepare us for districts. I like how everyone encourages each other during practices. I can see great things happening the rest of the season!” Things are just getting started for the girls but what do they hope for the rest of the season to look like?

There were so many opportunities for the teams during the month of December! On the weekend everyone got let out for Christmas, the girls were headed to Wyoming for the Flaming Gorge tournament. At the tournament they fought hard and kept up with the bigger schools. The girls took the win against Manila by eleven points. Also during Christmas break, the varsity girls got the wonderful opportunity to play in the Utah Jazz arena! Before Christmas break was upon the team, Kyrie Christenson was asked what she was looking forward to the most about the season. Kyrie replied excitedly, “I am most looking forward to playing in the Vivint Smart Home Arena. It’s a pretty cool opportunity and I’m super excited!” The last time Grace High School was able to do this, it was clear back in 2005! They took advantage of this opportunity as they tore up the court and won against Tabiona. During the month of January, the girls played the Malad Dragons, Cokeville Panthers, Challis Vikings, and Butte Pirates. The girls lost the games but learned new skills that they plan on using for the rest of the season.

The rest of the season has plenty of games which includes districts and state. The Lady Grizzlies plan on taking districts and dominating at state! Kyrie Christenson shared, “I hope the rest of this season brings a lot of success. I’m also looking forward to districts and state. I hated losing the district championship game last year and I don’t want that feeling again, and I don’t think anyone else wants that feeling either. I think with that in the back of our minds, districts and state will be ours!” There is nothing stopping these girls from winning both districts and state! May they conquer all their fears about both and bring back wins for the rest of the season and may they always remember this quote:

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”  – Wayne Gretzky